Thursday, February 5, 2009

34 coupe


This project has been in limbo for quite a while. It's 1/3 scale, but it's not an enormous model. Actually it's just about the right size, approx. 42" long. This is the only car that i considered using real go-cart tires on (happen to have them laying around). My original intent was to build a retro type prostreet, tubbed, blown, vintage 5 spoke wheels, 4 link suspension, bitchin' long tube headers and a bad attitude!!........

This car got pushed aside for some other projects, not for a lack of enthusiasm, but sometimes I get a little ahead of myself. When it came time to build the Battleship trailer, I needed real tires and wheels for the trailer since it actually gets put in the water. Needless to say, I snatched them badboys right off the coupe without a second thought!!! They were perfect for the trailer, and I don't regret it at all.......now, what to do with the coupe?.....it's been collecting dust for quite some time......... Then it came to me in a single flash of genius!!!!...........This will go a different direction than most of the cars I've built so far. The tires and wheels will be a set that I made for the F/C that were too small. They are much bigger than scale, but will definitely be way over the top!!! I'm gonna rebuild the motor, make it about 1/3 bigger than scale, give everything almost a cartoonish look, change the proportions of everything but the frame and body, finish it with old hotrod type primer, maybe even lean a little towards the ratrod look.....some bolts, rivets, maybe some bailing wire.....flying eyeballs, fuzzy dice.....straight pipes......and a big ol' bucket full of Bad Attitude!!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Love 34 please go with first ideal not cartoon.
    I too like woodworking, but not in your class'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comments Bruce...I'm not sure how this car will turn out...probably somewhere in between. I'm working on the tires and wheels right now, should be interesting... Thanks Mike

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a Master woodworker and far beyond anything that I could do. I too like your original plan for the 34 coupe.

    ReplyDelete